Watts Capital Partners LLC
Watts Capital Partners LLC (CRD# 149049) is a financial advisory firm headquartered in New York, NY. They manage $43,835,000 in 76 accounts and serve the financial needs of clients across 9 states (or territories).
Total Assets Under Management44MILLION
Total Number of Accounts76ACCOUNTS
Average Account Value$576,776
- A percentage of assets under your management
- Hourly charges
- Performance-based fees
- Financial planning services
- Portfolio management for individuals and/or small businesses
- Portfolio management for pooled investment vehicles (other than investment companies)
- Portfolio management for businesses (other than small businesses) or institutional clients
- Selection of other advisers (including private fund managers)
- Publication of periodicals or newsletters
CA, CT, DC, HI, ID, NJ, NY, OH, OR
Tom Watts founded and leads Watts Capital Partners LLC, a fee-based Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) in New York City, NY. We serve clients across the country and the US territories, ranging from New York and Washington, DC to California, Oregon and Washington to Guam and Saipan.
Watts Capital helps individuals and families with more than $500,000 in investable assets plan for and navigate life's transitions. Based on his professional training and personal experience, Tom specializes in providing financial planning to clients with a desire to:
- Reduce income taxes on investment and earned income.
- Maximize value in transitioning from employment or business ownership, including sale of a business.
- Plan and save for the retirement they envision.
- Navigate and negotiate divorce to position clients for their best future.
- Achieve their legacy objectives while minimizing estate and income taxes.
The firm's investment philosophy emphasizes:
- Determining clients' goals, values and risk tolerances and designing portfolios to match those.
- Constructing bond and stock portfolios around factors that historically have led to outperformance.
- Complementing core portfolio construction with alternative investments in real estate, hedge funds, private equity and direct investments to create specific return profiles.
- Optimizing after-tax, risk-adjusted returns, taking into account taxes, management fees and transaction fees.
Tom brings years of Wall Street experience to benefit his clients, including being ranked as a top investment analyst. Tom was named repeatedly to the Institutional Investor All-Star Team for investment analysis and also singled out by the Wall Street Journal as a "Home Run Hitter" for his stock selection. Tom's prior employers include Merrill Lynch, Bear Stearns and McKinsey & Company.
Tom earned an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA from Stanford University. He holds the CFP, CFA and CAIA designations.
Tom thanks his parents for guiding him to his mission in life - helping people make smart financial decisions.
Mark Molitor (CRD# 5731193) is an Investment Advisor Representative working at Watts Capital Partners LLC in New York, NY and has over 7 years of experience in the finance industry.
David Wilson (CRD# 4253003) is an Investment Advisor Representative working at Watts Capital Partners LLC in New York, NY and has over 13 years of experience in the finance industry.
Joel Soren (CRD# 430758) is an Investment Advisor Representative working at Watts Capital Partners LLC in New York, NY and has over 26 years of experience in the finance industry.