Hiring an advisor through Wealthminder works in two ways. If you wish to reach out to specific advisors directly, you can go to their page, and assuming we have contact information for them, you can send them a message. At that point, you are in direct contact with the advisor and you will go through their standard process for determining if it's a good fit for both of you.
The second (and recommended way) is to use our proposal / introduction service. To get started, you fill out a short questionairre to describe your current situation, what you want help with and what you require in an advisor. We then send your request to pre-screened matching advisors in our network. They have the ability to send you follow-up questions on your request as well as to make you a proposal if they are interested in your business. You can then review the proposals you are sent, ask your own follow-up questions and ultimately decide who you want to talk with further. You can then request a call with those advisors you wish to speak with and we will facilitate online introductions to them. Throughout this process, you maintain control. Unlike other services, we don't share your contact information with an advisor until you ask us to by requesting a call.
We built this site to help people find great advisors, and to help people avoid the bad ones. We take this incredibly seriously, and we have a zero tolerance policy for financial advisors who don’t adhere to our standards. Our business depends on your trust, and you telling your friends about us. If an advisor does poor work, they will be blacklisted from getting future leads from us and their score will reflect this. Once an advisor is part of Wealthminder, we require them to
- Adhere to a fiduciary standard (this means they must legally put your interests above their own)
- Offer fee-only work (this means they don't get paid based on the products they recommend)
- Maintain a clean record with the SEC
- Respond promptly to prospect and customer communications - and of course, do quality work.
There are several ways you can use Wealthminder to help achieve your financial goals.
- You can browse and read some of the great financial content on our site
- You can search / browse top advisors in your area and reach out to them directly
- You can fill out a short questionnaire describing what you want help with and get free proposals from highly qualified advisors who have the experience and knowledge to help and are interested in your business
The Wealthminder score takes into account a variety of factors and continues to evolve as we gather more data on advisors. Some of the factors we currently use include:
- Independent validation of the advisor's information
- Completeness of the data on the advisor
- The advisor's experience
- The advisors credentials
- Prior issues that have been disclosed to the regulators
- Feedback from the community on an advisor.
The Wealthminder score isn't a perfect measure of an advisor. In many cases, we have limited information on the advisor and the score will reflect that. These advisors will have a score of around 90, because we have no data to judge them beyond that.